A bit about our champions
Our champions are simply special people with inspirational stories who wish to show their support for Sebastian's Action Trust. Over the years we have helped literally hundreds of families and it is always touching when they choose to promote our cause, knowing that it will help so many others facing illness, disability and often an uncertain future.
Although sometimes created in the hardest of circumstances our Champions raise significant funds and awareness for Sebastian's Action Trust, inspired by a loved one. Setting up a Champions page with us is the best way forward for many people who want to raise funds in memory of a loved one or for seriously-ill or life-limited children because:
- You can raise funds in the name of your loved one or create a group that raises money in tribute for Sebastian's Action Trust.
- We handle all the administration, Gift Aid and Charity Commission paperwork: you simply arrange your fundraising event, send the donations to us and we do the rest.
- We provide a comprehensive support system to help you raise the most money in tribute to your loved one.
- Sebastian's Action Trust has been established for more than ten years. Our services to seriously-ill children and their families has received national recognition with a Pride of Britain Special Recognition award presented in 2012 by the Prime Minister- by fundraising for us you are going to be helping to fund the very best.
- With our aim of creating 50 Champion groups you will be in great company and as a network we are stronger.
- You have all the benefits of being your own organisation, but with the strength and knowledge of our charity backing you up. Together, we can make such a difference to the lives of life-limited and life-threatened children and adolescents.
Set up a Champion Fund
All the funds you raise as a Champion will be spent on furthering our charitable objectives of providing respite breaks, practical support, raising awareness and influencing policy. We do not use the funds raised by our Champions to cover general office costs or fundraising costs.
You'll receive help and support from our fundraising and communications team, offering you support on everything from running your own event to handling the media, including:
- Copies of our printed materials to support your fundraising and communicate the Trust's activities to your supporters (leaflets, posters, newsletters).
- Materials to help you fundraise including t-shirts, collection tins, stickers etc.
- Recognition and promotion through all our communication channels - printed newsletters, website and social media.
What to do next
To set up a Champions page please call 01344 622500 or email the fundraising team.